SILENT VLOG | WREATH BREAD WITH A PESTO OF MANY HERBS | TRYING OUT THE RECIPES I SAW ON INSTAGRAM & PINTEREST

Thursday, May 21, 2020

This post is about the detailed recipe on my Youtube Video "Braided Bread With Pesto Filling of Many Herbs



I always save/pin/screenshot posts and videos of beautiful food and recipes on Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube etc. but I rarely try them. After all, I'm not picky when it's making boards or folders of anything, I save tons of pictures. But the other day, I saw one of my insta friends @theworldofclaire's braided loaf with some kind of pesto and immediately DMed her to ask about it. She told me that it was an arugula pesto which was so intriguing. I love basil pesto but it's sometimes too punchy and too fragrant. Using arugula instead of basil sounded a much fresher and lighter taste, plus the whole family loves arugula. We consume arugula every day. In breakfast, it goes so well with cheese and olives. For dinner, it's always nice to have some chopped arugula and tomatoes for a salad. 

While I was making the pesto, I thought: "if I can use arugula then I can use every fresh green I have in the fridge" and so I did add parsley, fresh mint, purple basil, which I absolutely love, to arugula. I was about to add a little bit dill, too, then I said to myself "let's not get TOO crazy!". ironic, I know. 

The overall result was fantastic. The bread turned out so good. The pesto is delicious. You must try this! 



For the bread, I used my usual fresh yeast recipe. The only difference is that I let the dough rise for 1 and half an hour then I shape it and let it rise for another hour. https://girlwithanearring.blogspot.com/2020/04/stay-home-and-bake-bread-bread-recipe.html

the recipe for braided wreath bread with pesto of many herbs


ingredients

1 cup arugula 
1 cup parsley
4-5 leaves of purple basil
4-5 leaves of fresh mint
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt 
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup parmesan



method

In a food processor or with a hand blender, puree everything together, until it's creamy.

You can add more olive oil if you think it's necessary. You can make this recipe by using only parsley, or spinach or arugula. It is entirely up to you and whatever you have at the time. 

Make the dough based on this recipe and let it rise for at least one and half an hour: https://girlwithanearring.blogspot.com/2020/04/stay-home-and-bake-bread-bread-recipe.html or you can always use your own recipe. 

After the first rise, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it with a little bit flour to form a big ball.

With the help of a rolling pin, roll the dough into one big rectangle with 1 cm of thickness, as seen in the video.

Spread the pesto to cover the surface of the rectangle dough. 

I, beginning at a wider end, rolled up the rectangle into a log, not tightly at all. However, maybe I should've started rolling up the narrow end to get more swirls. But then it would be too thick. So the decision is yours. :)

Place this rolled dough onto a baking paper. Because my dough is too soft and it would be almost impossible to move after it's braided. 

Finally, to braid, beginning 10 cm down, slice this narrow spiral in half leaving the top intact and arrange the two long halves pesto layers facing upwards then like an X. and continue braiding them until it's finished. (please watch the video, it's so difficult to explain this process properly) 

At this point, you can bake it in this shape or shape it into a wreath by simply attaching the ends together. 

I baked mine in a cast-iron pot. You can also bake it in a regular oven tray or a cake tin. 

If you are going to bake it in a cast-iron pot, put the empty pot into the oven -while you are trying to shape the dough- and heat the oven up to 250C or higher. 

After the oven and the pot reached to 250C and the shaped bread rested for an hour for the second rise, place the bread carefully into the hot pot by lifting it with the baking paper. Cover the lid and bake it for 20-25 minutes. Mine was fully baked after 25 minutes. 

Take the bread out of the oven and the pot, and transfer it into a rack to let it cool. Never slice it while it's hot, which would ruin the bread. After it's cooled down, sliced your crunchy on the outside but soft like a fluffy cloud in the inside bread and spread some of the leftover pesto over it. Yummy!!
 

Let me know in the comments, on Instagram, Youtube, or Twitter if you'd like me to try any recipe you saw on social media! 

Bon Appetit,



You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Total Pageviews

Subscribe